Courses for job seekers
If you are…
- aged 16-18
- 19+ but unemployed and receiving benefits, including Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance.
Did you know?
You can get a qualification at Barking & Dagenham College which will help you get back into work, and you won’t pay a penny for the course.
Whether you want to improve your general skills, or train for a particular job, we can help.
- Computerised Accounts
- Customer Service
- Health & Social Care
- Installing Solar Panels
- Personal Goals
PLUS your confidence gets a boost with our Motivational Workshops as well as English and Maths refresher sessions.
These are part-time short courses (2 to 7 weeks, depending on the subject you choose), and they start at various times throughout the year.
Latest course information and training opportunities
Installing Solar Panels
Click this link to find out more about our Installing Solar Panels course.
Talk to our representative at your local Job Centre Plus
When you have finished your course we also help you turn those new skills into a new job.
Our Job Centreplus representative, Hamira Riaz, is available at the following Centres:
• Barking – all day Tuesday and Friday
• Dagenham – all day Thursday
• Hornchurch – every Wednesday morning
• Redbridge – every Monday afternoon
Nadine Houghton is here to answer your questions about our employability courses. You can contact her on 020 8090 3020 ext: 7427 or click here to submit a question.
In this section
- Reasons to study with us
- How to apply & enrol
- Choosing the right level
- Advice Street Services
- Student Financial Support
- Careers Advice & Guidance
- Courses for job seekers
- Green Technology Courses
- Sports Academies
- Specialist training centres
- Rush Green Campus
- Barking Learning Centre
- Technical Skills Academy (TSA)
- Motor Vehicle & Motorsport Training Centre at London Road
- The Broadway Theatre
- Headjogs Hair Academy
- the Salon
- How to find us
- Order a Course Guide