Courses for job seekers
You can get a qualification at Barking & Dagenham College which will help you get back into work, and you won’t pay a penny for the course. These are short, part-time courses (usually between 2 and 7 weeks) and they start at various times throughout the year.
We will also help you turn your new skills into a job at the end of your course.
Look out for us at your local Job Centre Plus
Our representative, Ms Edwige Nlassa, (above) is available to help you at these locations:
- Redbridge JCP: Monday morning
- Canning Town JCP: Tuesday
- Hornchurch JCP: Alternate Wednesdays
- Romford JCP: Alternate Wednesdays
- Dagenham Library: Thursday morning
- Dagenham JCP: Thursday afternoon
- Barking JCP: Friday
Talk to us today if you are:
- aged 16-18
- 19+ but unemployed and receiving benefits, including Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance.
50+: ask about our employability support programme
You can choose from:
- Traineeships - you can find out more via this link
- CSCS Card
- Introduction to ICT (Information & Communications Technology)
- Access to AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) & Computerised Accounts
- Customer Service
- Health & Social Care
- Personal Goals
- Motivational workshops
- English refresher course
- Maths refresher course
Alison and Edwige: ready to help you
For more information about training to help you get back into work, speak to Alison Fisher (above left) on 020 3667 0493.