Study in Europe
Our Erasmus+ programme offers exciting work experience opportunities for students to study in Austria, France, Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic, Croatia and Greece for two to three-weeks of their course.
Since 2015 over 100 Barking & Dagenham College students have been part of the Erasmus+ programme, where they've experienced working and daily life in another country, and have developed their confidence, cultural and language awareness and enhanced employability skills.
We are currently offering Erasmus+ opportunities for students on the following programmes:
- Business (Prague, Czech Republic)
- ICT (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Finance & Accounts (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Hair & Beauty (Crete, Greece)
- Health & Social Care (Portugal)
- Engineering (Seville, Spain)
- Electrical (Seville, Spain)
- Plumbing (Seville, Spain)
- Painting & Decorating (Seville, Spain)
- Construction Design Management (Seville, Spain)
- Rugby (Perpignan, France)
- Football (Spain)
- Creative Industries (Barcelona, Spain)
- Food Studies (Salzburg, Austria)
What is Erasmus+?
Erasmus+ is the European Union programme for education, training, youth and sport. Barking & Dagenham College has received funding from the Erasmus+ 2014-2020 programme to send full-time vocational learners to another European country for a two to three-week work placement in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
In order to apply for the Erasmus programme you will need the following:
1. Successful completion of all coursework to date and submission deadlines met
2. Excellent attendance & punctuality record (95% and above).
3. Completion of personal statement (Appendix B)
4. Ability to work positively with others e.g. peer support/team working etc.
5. Contribution to life and work at college or within the community
6. Full UK Passport or Other passport, Travel Document with Visa to allow entry into the destination country.
7. Abide by and sign a contract of agreement which contains conditions and rules set out by the Erasmus+ project and Barking & Dagenham College
8. Positive tutor reference
How to apply
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity for your future career and personal development, then speak to your tutor who will talk you through the application process.
Food Studies: Erasmus+ trip to Salzburg
Students from Food Studies had a great experience during their work placement to Salzburg, Austria.
Find out more about the Business trip to Prague in their blog.
Hair & Beauty
Watch the video of our Hair & Beauty students on their Erasmus trip to Crete.