- Home >
Hair and Media Make-up Diploma at The Technical Skills Academy
Want to become a top media hair & make-up artist? Apply for our hair and make-up course today and learn creative hair & make-up techniques for television, theatre or fashion shoots.
This is a great introduction for working in the exciting world of professional hair and media make-up.
Whether you have your eye on a career in high fashion, the bridal industry, photography, film or TV, this course will give you a solid foundation in the techniques used in the world of professional hair and make-up including nail, eye and facial treatments.
You will also learn the skills associated with basic skin camouflage alongside reception and customer service skills and team-work.
This course is highly practical, and will involve you working with fellow students, models and clients in the brand new salon in the Technical Skills Academy in the heart of Barking. There will also be class-room based sessions for you to learn more about the theory behind your practical work, enabling you to build a portfolio of work.
You will be continually assessed throughout the course.
You will also have assignments, portfolio work including photographic evidence as well as unit tests.
You will need mainly D grades at GCSE or have successfully completed a Level 1 qualification in a relevant subject area.
If you achieve a Merit grade (or higher) you will be able to progress on to our Level 3 VTCT Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-Up at the Technical Skills Academy, or the Level 3 Hairdressing course. Alternatively, you could progress to a Level 3 course in Beauty Specialist Techniques at our Rush Green campus. You could also enter the world of professional hair and media make-up.
Course details and fees
Showing options for all
|Study Mode||Location||Start date - End date||Suitable for|
Day Technical Skills Academy - View map Sep 2016 to Jun 2017 Suitable for AllApply
We are updating this information for the next academic year and will publish it as soon as possible
Technical Skills Academy - View map
Age 19+ (concessions may apply)
Tuition fee: £1432.00
Exam fee: £90.00
Total fee: £1522.00* All fees are VAT free
Other courses you may be interested in
- City & Guilds Hairdressing (VRQ) Level 2 at the Technical Skills AcademyLevel 2
- City & Guilds Introduction to Hair & Beauty (VRQ) at The Technical Skills AcademyLevel 1
- City & Guilds Level 1 in Hairdressing (VRQ)Level 1
- City & Guilds Women's Hairdressing (VRQ) Level 3 at the Technical Skills AcademyLevel 3
- Theatrical Hair and Media Make-up Diploma at The Technical Skills AcademyLevel 3
Barking & Dagenham College reserve the right to change course details. All course fees are currently based on 2014/15 courses, fees for courses starting from September 2015 onwards may be higher. All courses are subject to satisfactory numbers being accepted. Barking & Dagenham College reserves the right in their absolute discretion to cancel any course which cannot be run economically. Examination Boards also change courses from time to time. Barking & Dagenham College cannot accept responsibility if the college is closed due to insdustrial action, adverse weather conditions or natural disasters.
In this section
- Aged 16-18
- Higher Education
- AutoRaise: Apprenticeships for the Automotive Collision Repair Industry
- An apprentice for your business
- Apprenticeships Work
- Compliance & Mandatory Training
- Our Clients & Case Studies
- Maison's Building Services
- North Essex NHS appoints Barking & Dagenham College
- The Co-operative Food Store, Chingford
- Care UK
- Castle Point Gas & Heating Ltd
- London Bread & Cake Company
- Norton Rose LLP
- Client Case Study: Sandwood Design & Build Ltd
- SPX Rail Systems
- Siemens plc
- Westminster Homecare Ltd (Havering)
- Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC
- Charter Security
- Skills Support for the Workforce