Art & Design
We have an extensive range of creative art & design courses which include fine art, graphic design, drawing & painting, 2D & 3D design, fashion and much more…
Whether you see yourself as an advertising executive or a product designer, there is no better starting point than an art & design course at Barking & Dagenham College.
As part of your studies you'll use the latest industry-standard equipment, such as a 3D printer and laser cutter, in a hi-tech workshop environment.
The qualifications are nationally recognised with a focus on the practical application of basic skills and knowledge required by designers today.
We currently have 5 courses available.
- Level 1 UAL Diploma in Art & Design Level 1
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Art and Design (1 year) Level 2
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in 3D Design (2 Years) Level 3
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Art and Design (2 years) Level 3
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Graphic Design (2 years) Level 3
Art and design courses equip you with a combination of practical skills mixed with theory. The specific skills differ according to the art and design discipline, but the following transferable skills are common to all subject areas:
- imagination and creativity
- critical awareness of self and external factors and the ability to be reflective
- interpersonal and social skills
- an appreciation of diversity
- creative problem-solving
- the ability to work independently
- oral and written communication
- visual presentation
- information and research
- self-motivation and self-management
- organisation and planning
- IT, particularly using creative software
Your job opportunities
Many employers seek to recruit people who are lateral thinkers and creative problem-solvers, qualities that are natural to artists and designers. Jobs you could do that are related to these courses are;
- Art therapist
- Community arts worker
- Fashion designer
- Fine artist
- Graphic designer
- Textile designer