Study Hairdressing at The Technical Skills Academy
As a student hairdresser you will study at the Headjogs Hairdressing Academy which is based at the Technical Skills Academy in Barking Town Centre.
The Academy is our specialist campus for 16 - 18s.
Are you a mature student interested in Hairdressing?
If so we can still help as there may be opportunities to train at one of the other Headjogs sites.
Please call Brooke Shadrake in the Headjogs Team on 020 3667 0112.
Quick links to related courses
We currently have 8 courses available.
- City & Guilds Introduction to Hair & Beauty (VRQ) at The Technical Skills Academy Level 1
- City & Guilds Introduction to Hair & Beauty - Hair pathway - Entry Level Level 1
- City & Guilds Level 1 in Hairdressing (VRQ) Level 1
- City & Guilds Hairdressing (VRQ) Level 2 at the Technical Skills Academy Level 2
- Hair and Media Make-up Diploma at The Technical Skills Academy Level 2
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical Certificate in Hairdressing Level 3 at the Technical Skills Academy Level 3
- Theatrical Hair and Media Make-up Diploma at The Technical Skills Academy Level 3
- City & Guilds Introduction to Hair & Beauty - Hair pathway - Entry Level Level E
See Hair and Beauty photos from Barking & Dagenham College and the Technical Skills Academy
During their training, hair and media make-up students are set themed tasks to create out-of-this-world hair and make-up designs which help them to push the boundaries of their creativity.
Commercial & Training Salon - open to the public
Our commercial and training salon, which is open to the public, will give you the real work experience skills that employers look for.
Our hair salon is a Wella salon, which means you train with professional industry-standard products.
Student gets work experience on film set
A hair and beauty student got to work with a top celebrity make-up artist on the set of a new short film (and even got to take part as an extra).
Amaya, from Bermondsey, had been taken to the World Skills event, held last November in Birmingham, by Barking & Dagenham College where she studies; she and other students were on the College’s stand, showcasing 1940s vintage hairdressing to the show’s visitors.
Academy celebrates its 3rd birthday and goes pink
The Technical Skills Academy (TSA) celebrated its 3rd birthday this week. Opened in 2012, the TSA, located in Barking town centre has proved very popular; it now has over 330 students, has launched 3 more courses due to increased demand.
Sampling student life
Young people from across Barking and Dagenham have been getting a glimpse of college life in a series of taster sessions at Barking & Dagenham College’s Technical Skills Academy.