Performing Arts (Drama, Dance, Music and Technical Theatre)
In the spotlight: performing or producing, start your career here
Our School for the Performing Arts & Technical Theatre is based in the 360-seat working theatre - the Broadway Theatre in Barking.
You'll get the chance to work on productions and it's the perfect place to learn your craft.
You'll benefit from excellent rehearsal rooms, a recording studio, music technology room equipped to professional standards and, of couse, we have use of a 360 seat theatre with the latest sound and lighting eqiupment.
Train for a career as a Theatre Technician, Stage Manager or Producer
You may have heard the term Technical Theatre, but what does it mean?
It is all the essential elements, apart from the actors, that are needed to make sure any production runs smoothly. There are many professional career paths you can follow if you want to be involved in the performing arts, but are not interested in acting. You can train with us for these careers:
- Stage Management
- Stage Technicians - Lighting & Sound
- Set Construction & Design
- Costume & Prop Design
Follow in famous footsteps
You will follow in the footsteps of former students including:
Watch the final performance of the Barking & Dagenham Performing Arts Summer school held at the Broadway Theatre, Barking below:
We currently have 8 courses available.
- BTEC Diploma in Music Level 2 Level 2
- BTEC Diploma in Performing Arts - Production - Level 2 Level 2
- BTEC Diploma in Performing Arts, 1 year, Level 2 Level 2
- BTEC Extended Diploma Performing Arts (Acting) 2 years Level 3 Level 3
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Music (2 Years) Level 3 Level 3
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (Dance) Level 3 Level 3
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Production Arts Level 3, 2 years Level 3
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Technical Theatre, 2 years, Level 3 Level 3
BDC: Bright Dedicated Creative
Getting into drama school
Many of our graduates have gone on to study at prestigious schools including: LAMDA, Mountview, Guildhall, Rose Bruford, East 15, Central School of Speech and Drama, Manchester Met, Falmouth University of Arts and many more.
Members of the National Skills Academy for Creative & Cultural
These courses come under our status as An Associate College of the National Skills Academy for Creative & Cultural. This allows students to take part in projects and gain advice from industry figures within the theatre, live music and events industry.
Current partners include Live Nation, Festival Republic, the Backstage Centre and the International Production Youth Network.
It means that our students are able to access the best guidance into jobs in the creative industries through