Animation & Games Design
If you are creative and enjoy working using images, or you enjoy computer games and wonder if you could turn that passion into a career, then these courses could be a great move for you.
As well as building traditional creative skills such as drawing, character design and concept origination, you will have the opportunity to achieve proficiency in a range of digital applications including Flash, Photoshop, Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects and Maya.
Barking & Dagenham College is situated within 15 miles of central London where the largest number of animation and media companies in the UK have their premises.
If you choose to study or progress on to the FdA or BA (Hons) in Animation you will have produced a portfolio of work that along with valuable skills and experience, will help you to pursue a career within your chosen field.
Below you'll find all the courses available in this area - just click on the links to read more.
We currently have 5 courses available.
- Level 1 Creative Pathways (1 Year) Level 1
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Games Design and Animation (1 year) Level 2
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Games Art & Animation (2 years) Level 3
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Animation UCAS Code 4L58 (2 Years) Level 5
- BA (Hons) Animation L6 Direct Entry (1 Year) UCAS Code W691 Level 6
Your job opportunities
The animation and games industry in the UK consists of a workforce that stretches across many of the sectors in the creative media industries. You will find animated and computer generated content on television, in feature films, commercials, websites and computer or video games.
Take a look at the video below to see some of the work created by our Animation students
Do you have the skills needed?
- Creativity and imagination
- Patience and attention to detail
- Able to use a computer
- Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work as part of a team