You can launch your hair and beauty career right here. Whether you want to work in a salon or a spa, start your own business or travel the world on a cruise liner, it's a career with so many possibilities.
Industry-standard, professional Beauty Salons at both campus locations
You will study in industry-standard, professional Beauty Salons, which are open to paying customers. Our commercial and training Beauty Salons are available at both the Rush Green campus AND at the Technical Skills Academy in the heart of Barking.
Quick links to related subjects
See the Salon in Virtual Reality:
We currently have 10 courses available.
- City & Guilds Beauty Therapy Diploma Level 1 Level 1
- City & Guilds Introduction to Hair & Beauty (VRQ) at The Technical Skills Academy Level 1
- City & Guilds Beauty Therapy Diploma Level 2 Level 2
- City & Guilds Nail Technology Certificate Level 2 (evenings, 24 weeks) Level 2
- Level 2 Diploma in Aromatherapy Techniques (evenings) Level 2
- Level 2 Diploma in Reflexology Techniques (evening) Level 2
- City & Guilds Beauty Therapy Diploma Level 3 Level 3
- Level 3 Certificate in Aromatherapy for Complementary Therapies (evenings) Level 3
- Level 3 Certificate in Reflexology for Complementary Therapies (evening) Level 3
- City & Guilds Introduction to Hair & Beauty - Beauty pathway - Entry Level Level E
Real work experience in our industry-standard beauty salons
This is where you'll train if you study Beauty Therapy at the Technical Skills Academy.
Industry partnership launches beauty careers
In the year since we announced the partnership in July 2013, 11 students have secured jobs with this prestigious beauty brand.
Experts from the Estee Lauder Bureau, who handle temporary staffing for the Estee Lauder Group, will visit the college to tell our hair and beauty students about their career opportunities, with the best performing students being selected for interview.
A spokesperson for the Bureau said:
"We are excited to work in partnership with Barking & Dagenham College in this pilot recruitment scheme. We have already successfully interviewed top students from the hair and beauty courses and look forward to them commencing work with the Lauder Bureau soon.
“Hopefully this partnership will be the start of rewarding careers with the Lauder Group of Companies for students who are driven and have a passion for Beauty Retail, as well as between our two organisations.”
If you would like more information on this partnership please contact Lee Demmel on 020 8090 3020 ext: 7506 or click here to send an email.
The view from our students