Carpentry & Joinery
If you would like to become a carpenter in the world of construction but don’t yet have the skills, our carpentry & joinery courses will show you the way.
The practical elements of all our carpentry & joinery courses take place in state of the art workshops so you’ll have the perfect environment to practice your trade.
Don't forget to also take a look at these related course areas:
- Construction Design & Site Management
- Painting & Decorating
- Wall & Floor Tiling
We currently have 7 courses available.
- Carpentry DIY Level 1
- City & Guilds Diploma in Carpentry & Joinery Level 1 Level 1
- City & Guilds Extended Certificate in Construction Skills Level 1 (6219) Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery Diploma for those already employed Level 2
- City & Guilds Carpentry and Joinery Diploma Level 2 Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery in Construction Diploma for those already employed Level 3
- Entry Level 3 Certificate in Construction Skills Level E
About this industry
- The Institute of Carpenters
- The Timber Research and Development Association
Your job opportunities
From building houses to building film sets, from restoring furniture to fitting out a brand new shop, carpenters and joiners are skilled workers who are an essential part of any construction project.
Your job opportunities include:
- Construction sites
- Specialist joinery companies
- Shop fitting
- Furniture workshops
Your personal qualities
Carpenters and joiners build and install structures made of wood or wood substitute. This career would suit you if:
- You have good practical skills
- You are methodical
- You have good attention to detail so you can follow plans and diagrams
- You have good number skills for measuring
- You are a team player
- You understand the need for health and safety