Study Hairdressing at The Technical Skills Academy
As a student hairdresser you will study at the Headjogs Hairdressing Academy which is based at the Technical Skills Academy in Barking Town Centre.
The Academy is our specialist campus for 16 - 18s.
Skills for your future career
Not only will you develop the technical hairdressing skills required for a career in the sector, you will also develop important transferrable skills such as communication and customer service.
Not just a qualification: Erasmus+
You will also have the opportunity to take part in an exciting 2-week Erasmus+ programme. Students can travel abroad for a 2-week work placement, where you will experience what it's like to study and work in a different environment, gain an understanding of another culture and develop your professional network. Find out more and how to apply.
We also provide regular short courses so you can try specialist treatments, talks from industry experts and enrichment activities so you can develop your T-shaped skills (communication, teamwork, resilience and more).
Are you a mature student interested in Hairdressing?
If so we can still help as there may be opportunities to train at one of the other Headjogs sites.
Please call Brooke Shadrake in the Headjogs Team on 020 3667 0112.
Quick links to related courses
We currently have 9 courses available.
- City & Guilds Introduction to Hair & Beauty (VRQ) at The Technical Skills Academy Level 1
- City & Guilds Level 1 in Hairdressing (VRQ) Level 1
- Level 1 Award in Barbering Level 1
- Level 1 Award in an Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Sector Level 1
- Barbering Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) Level 2
- City & Guilds Hairdressing (VRQ) Level 2 at the Technical Skills Academy Level 2
- Hair and Media Make-up Diploma at The Technical Skills Academy Level 2
- Theatrical Hair and Media Make-up Diploma at The Technical Skills Academy Level 3
- City & Guilds Introduction to Hair & Beauty - Hair pathway - Entry Level Level E
See Hair and Beauty photos from Barking & Dagenham College and the Technical Skills Academy
During their training, hair and media make-up students are set themed tasks to create out-of-this-world hair and make-up designs which help them to push the boundaries of their creativity.
Commercial & Training Salon - open to the public
Our commercial and training salon, which is open to the public, will give you the real work experience skills that employers look for.
Students train with professional industry-standard products such as Wella and ghd.
Zombies on the loose at the Academy
Have you ever wondered what goes on in a mad scientist’s lab with experiments that have gone terribly wrong?
Principal cuts it at new ‘Hair Bar’ opening
A brand new hairdressing salon was opened at Barking & Dagenham College’s Rush Green Campus yesterday.
It’s a Crete experience for students
Hair and beauty students from the Technical Skills Academy in Barking are taking part in an exchange programme in Rethymnon, Crete.