Motor Vehicle & Motorsport Engineering
Train for your career in the heartland of the auto industry in East London and Essex
There is such an automotive heritage in our area of East London, which makes Barking & Dagenham College a natural choice for training for your future job as an:
- Automotive Engineer / Technician
- Motorsport Engineer / Technician
Thanks to our close relationship with industry, students on our Motor Vehicle courses at Levels 2 and 3 benefit from work experience opportunities with big names such as Ford, Vauxhall and Suzuki.
Train in a real working garage
As a former dealership and service centre, our London Road Garage offers you the perfect real work environment for Motor Vehicle and Motorcycle training.
You may also study in the specialist workshops at our main Rush Green campus; it depends on which course you select.
Professional industry-linked courses
You will study for the professional Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) Awards courses, or for a City & Guilds or a BTEC.
We currently have 8 courses available.
- City & Guilds Certificate in Vehicle Maintenance Level 1 Level 1
- City & Guilds Motor Vehicle Maintenance Diploma Level 1 Level 1
- IMI (Institute of Motor Industry) Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles Level 2 Level 2
- IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Inspection Level 2
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Motorsport Engineering Level 3 Level 3
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma Level 3 in Motorsport Engineering Level 3
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles Diploma Level 3 Level 3
- City & Guilds Diploma in Introduction to Vehicle Technology Entry Level 3 Level E
You benefit from our close relationship with Ford
Our London Road Garage, a former car dealership/service centre, is tailor-built to provide an industry environment for training that leads to work.
The Ford Vehicle Research & Development Centre at Dunton, Essex, kindly supply engines, transmissions and chassis components for you to train on.
Join our Rally Team
Our Motorsport students have the chance to become co-drivers/navigators and car rally pit crew members, as we regularly compete in competitions around the country with our very own rally car.