iCreate@BDC is a new, industry-standard 1,000 m sq training hub where students will develop the skills needed by the growing creative digital sector. Opened in October 2014 students will share the space with tech start-ups in an environment designed to encourage the cross-fertilisation of ideas, skills and services.
iCreate@BDC will provide one-to-one business mentoring, master classes with industry experts, inspirational speakers, industry specific training and networking opportunities. The designs and layout of the space was created by a team of 3D design students at the College.
The Duke of York officially opened iCreate@BDC. His Royal Highness said: "In many respects the digital universe has changed the way that we have to think about education and the way we have to think about employment...It is the guidance that a college like this can give young people, the opportunities by investing in this sort of space, to make the young aware that they really can not only make a difference to themselves, a difference to their locality, but also a difference in the nation".
· uCreate: 70+ PC and Mac stations for Students
· The Farm: Industry standard print and production zone
· Tech-Link Hub: Hot-desking business incubation zone
· #TheChannel: Live TV Studio
· Unwind: Where students can relax
· IdeaSpace: Informal break-out area
· Digital Learning: Training area to improve staff skills
WHU Foundation Learning Academy - Trial dates
11 March-10 June 2017
Rush Green Campus Open Event, Thursday 6 April 2017, 4.30 - 7pm
6 April 2017