Coming Late 2019
Centre for Advanced
Technology will train
people in wide range of
modern curriculum areas
Advanced Infrastructure Technologies
Engineering and Robotics
Creative and Digital
Information and Communication Technology
Data and Big Data
TV and Film Production
Apply Now To
Secure Your Place
Already know what course
you are after?
Skip a few steps and apply now.
Join one of the most
successful colleges in
Check out the press releases
for all of our success stories
A Range of free online
courses to meet your needs.
Health & Social Care
Education, Youth & Social Support
Business & ICT
If you earn less than £15,726.50 per year
then your Level 2 course will be free for
2018-19, subject to terms and conditions
and course eligibility.
ARE YOU READY
to get your
career off to a
Train at the Broadway
Theatre in Barking,
a 360-seat working theatre!
ARE YOU READY
to be your own
boss with unlimited
As a trained plumber you
could expect to earn anything
from £25,000 to £60,000+
We're an approved centre:
Members of the Chartered Institute of
Plumbing & Heating Engineers (CIPHE)
ARE YOU READY
for a career in one
of the construction
Start your journey towards becoming
a qualified carpenter, bricklayer, plasterer
or painter and decorator.
Higher & Degree
Better earning potential
No student debt
Higher Apprenticeships in
Business Innovation & Growth
- Fresh start & unlimited opportunities with a variety of creative & work-ready courses.
Aged 16-18CoursesLearn More
- Join our 9000+ adult students in BTEC, Access & Diploma courses to re-train & upskill.
Adults 19+CoursesLearn More
- Diverse, flexible & advanced Level 4+ courses to enhance professional development.
Higher EducationCoursesLearn More
- Learn new skills & get paid in your chosen career with our practical route to success.
ApprenticeshipsFind Out MoreLearn More
You can now enjoy the convenience of paying your fees online. Click on the link to find out more about spreading the cost by instalments and online payments.
Find Out More
Meet Yvonne Kelly, Principal & CEO, and follow this link to read why Barking & Dagenham College should be your first choice.
Find Out More
Our open events are a great opportunity to get expert course and careers advice, take a tour of our industry-standard facilities and secure an offer on the day!
Find Out More
There’s so much more to College than just the courses – everything we do here is tailored towards our students to make your time with us a positive experience all round.
You can benefit from:
- A variety of places to eat & drink, to suit every taste and budget.
- A Learning Resources Centre.
- The PoD (which stands for Pitch on Demand).
- The Gazelle STEM Centre (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths).
- iCreate (Industry-standard digital training hub).
- The Green Technology Centre.
- Fitness Centre (Gym, Sports Centre & Dance Studio).
Food & Drink
We provide plenty of choice when it comes to eating and refreshments – from snacks and sandwiches to fine cuisine.
The Refectory - fork-friendly fare
The Refectory is a favourite with students and staff alike for its excellent range of dishes; the Refectory offers a choice of at least five nourishing hot dishes every lunch time, along with salads, sandwiches and other treats – even an all-day breakfast! It is also a great place to hang out with friends and refuel before your next class.
- The Coffee Shop
- The Chef's Hat - Restaurant (Located at our main campus & the TSA)
The Pod Entrepreneurial Zone
The Pod (which stands for Pitch On Demand) is a new FREE creative zone for student entrepreneurs and local small businesses to help get ideas off the ground.
- Hot-desking – no need for an office
- Get IT support – never offline
- Apple Macs – up to the minute design software
- Advice on funding – new opportunities
- Networking opportunities – build your business
- Attend business workshops – get new ideas
- Hire a meeting room – smart environment with plasma screen presentation facilities
LRC (Learning Resource Centre)
All our students automatically become LRC members. Your College ID card will give you access to over 20,000 printed reference items, as well as electronic information such as eBooks and databases.
Open to the public
Within the library there is PC access, a quiet study area as well as group study facilities, and careers and job search information.
The LRC also sells stationery and provides photocopy, printing and scanning services.
The Gazelle STEM Centre
The Gazelle STEM Centre at Barking & Dagenham College is a state-of-the-art, purpose-built creative space for all age groups. It has been designed to showcase the many skills and careers built on science, technology, engineering and maths.
The STEM Centre runs special activity days for College students and local schools showing how STEM skills can be applied in practical situations.
iCreate@BDC is a new, industry-standard 1,000 m sq training hub where students will develop the skills needed by the growing creative digital sector. Opened in October 2014 students will share the space with tech start-ups in an environment designed to encourage the cross-fertilisation of ideas, skills and services.
About the iCreate Zone:
- uCreate: 70+ PC and Mac stations for Students
- The Farm: Industry standard print and production zone
- Tech-Link Hub: Hot-desking business incubation zone
- #TheChannel: Live TV Studio
- Unwind: Where students can relax
- IdeaSpace: Informal break-out area
- Digital Learning: Training area to improve staff skills
The Fitness Centre
Our professional and fully-equipped gym is open to the whole community.
We offer great facilities at affordable prices, with a variety of different membership options and a relaxing environment, where everyone is welcome.
About the Fitness Centre:
- Fully-equipped Gym
- Sports Hall
- Fitness Suite
Commercial businesses showcasing student talent
Where training meets commercial enterprise, our restaurants, hair salon and beauty salons are open to the public. From video production to painting and decorating, our talented students can also take client commissions. Students get real work experience, and you get a cost-effective solution to your business brief. To find out more please call Howard Jeffrey on 020 3667 0213.