Carpentry & Joinery
If you would like to become a carpenter in the world of construction but don’t yet have the skills, our carpentry & joinery courses will show you the way.
The practical elements of all our carpentry & joinery courses take place in state of the art workshops so you’ll have the perfect environment to practice your trade.
Mayor’s Construction Academy
We’ve been awarded the Mayor’s Construction Academy (MCA) quality mark, which identifies and recognises high-quality construction skills training provision in London.
Don't forget to also take a look at these related course areas:
- Construction Design & Site Management
- Painting & Decorating
- Wall & Floor Tiling
We currently have 9 courses available.
- CSkills Building Craft Occupations Level 1: a DIY Saturday course covering a variety of trades
- Carpentry DIY
- City & Guilds (6219) Extended Certificate in Carpentry (Entry Level)
- City & Guilds Diploma in Carpentry & Joinery Level 1 Level 1
- City & Guilds Extended Certificate in Construction Skills Level 1 (6219) Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery Diploma for those already employed Level 2
- City & Guilds Carpentry and Joinery Diploma Level 2 Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery in Construction Diploma for those already employed Level 3
- Entry Level 3 Certificate in Construction Skills Level E
About this industry
- The Institute of Carpenters
- The Timber Research and Development Association
Your job opportunities
From building houses to building film sets, from restoring furniture to fitting out a brand new shop, carpenters and joiners are skilled workers who are an essential part of any construction project.
Your job opportunities include:
- Construction sites
- Specialist joinery companies
- Shop fitting
- Furniture workshops
Your personal qualities
Carpenters and joiners build and install structures made of wood or wood substitute. This career would suit you if:
- You have good practical skills
- You are methodical
- You have good attention to detail so you can follow plans and diagrams
- You have good number skills for measuring
- You are a team player
- You understand the need for health and safety