Finance and Accounting
With the City of London right on your doorstep, careers in finance and accounting are extremely popular - and it's obvious why.
The City is the world's financial hub and businesses are always on the look out for people who are well qualified.
You can study for the AAT courses with us and become a Qualified Accounting Technician.
So whether you are joining straight from school, or you are retraining for a change of career, come and talk to our expert tutors.
Take a look at these other subject areas for more business courses at Barking & Dagenham College:
Our partnership with Erasmus+ means you have the opportunity to take part in a two or three week work placement in Europe. These are great work experience opportunities where you can develop your confidence, cultural and language awareness and enhanced employability skills. Find out more and how to apply.
We currently have 13 courses available.
- AAT Access Award in Bookkeeping Level 1 and AAT Access Award in Accounting Software Level 1
- AAT Level 1 Certificate in Accounting (Full-Time)
- Essential Accounting Training For Business: Budgeting For Small Business
- Essential Accounting Training For Business: Finance For Non-Financial Managers
- Essential Accounting Training For Business: Making Sense Of Financial Documents
- Essential Accounting Training For Business: Managing Cash Flow - Keeping Your Business Healthy
- Essential HR Training: HR In Perspective Workshop One
- International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) Award in Computerised Payroll Level 1
- International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) Level 1 Certificate in Payroll
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2 Level 2
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Advanced Diploma in Accounting Level 3 Level 3
- AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting units (January - June) 19+ Level 4
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting (September - January) 19+ Level 4
Become a Qualified Accounting Technician with us
When you have studied the AAT (The Professional Body for Accounting Technicians) courses at Levels 2, 3 and 4 you will become a Qualified Accounting Technician.
The AAT is the Association of Accounting Technicians. You can find out more about them here.
Your status as a Qualified Accounting Technician will open up a wide range of career options including:
- Launching your own accountancy business
- Cost Accountant
These are popular courses so talk to us today about launching your career.
Your career starts here - thanks to AAT
Your AAT Accounting Qualification is universally respected and internationally recognised.
Organisations such as Sainsbury’s, P&G, Morgan Stanley, the Ministry of Defence and many more continue to hire AAT qualified members for their knowledge, skills, diligence and enthusiasm, because AAT represents the highest standards of professionalism.
In short, an AAT qualification is a route to some of the most in-demand skills in the world, and provides you with a professional status you can be proud of.
AAT is the professional body for accounting technicians.