As part of Level 3 of the Diploma, you'll:
- Contribute to establishing the operational area
- Contribute to the progress of operations
- Assist with the organisation of resources
- Co-ordinate and install first and second fixings components and finishings
- Co-ordinate and erect structural carcassing components
- Produce timber and timber-based products using woodworking machines
This course features continuous assessment, covering practical activities, written work and oral tests. Students receive an assessment when they feel they are competent in a certain area of study.
Successful completion of Level 2 of the Diploma, or equivalent (NVQ Level 2 Carpentry & Joinery & Level 2 Construction Diploma)
Following successful completion of Level 3 you can move straight into a job.
If you want to continue your study, your qualification means you can skip part of the BTEC First Certificate in Construction course. You can also move on to Construction Technician qualifications.