An exciting course and nationally recognised qualification, taught by a dynamic team of tutors!
Focuses on practical skills using state-of-the-art equipment, and is a great start point for further 3D Design study.
The course covers:
- 2D & 3D industry-standard computer software (CAD, Solidworks) for 3D printing and laser cutting
- Design drawing both free hand and technical
- Creative thinking
- How to invent and create products to sell (incl. online and within the college shop!)
- How to build a professional design portfolio
- How to develop business ideas or start your own design consultancy
- How to make yourself ready for the world of work by speaking with employers and clients within our industries
You'll be graded on coursework, with regular assessments by tutors and external bodies. Tutorials will also take place throughout the year.
4 or more GCSE grades at 4 or above including either English or Maths, OR Successful completion of an appropriate Level 2 qualification.
You will also need to provide a portfolio of work, as well as a reference.
During the course you'll get the chance to work on 'live' industry briefs.
Move on from the Subsidiary Diploma to the Extended Diploma. From there you'll be able to progress onto Higher Education with our Foundation Degree (FdA) in 3D Design, validated by The University of East London (UEL).