Perfect for those wanting a career in the motor vehicle industry.
This course gives you the knowledge to do basic maintenance checks, adjustments and component replacements on light vehicles.
Course modules include:
- Tools, equipment & materials for vehicle maintenance
- Engine liquid cooling & lubrication systems
- Braking systems - components & maintenance
- Routine maintenance processes & procedures
- Wheels & tyres - construction & maintenance
- Exhaust systems - components & maintenance
- Steering & suspension systems - components & maintenance
There will be both practical and theory/knowledge assessments throughout the course.
- Verbal questioning
- Observed tasks
- Written coursework
- Online tests
You'll need: EITHER English & Maths GCSEs at grade 2 (D) or above, or the equivalent Functional Skills qualifications OR Level 1 Certificate in Vehicle Maintenance.
Assuming you have a reasonable level of English and Maths, successfully completing the course means you can move on to Level 2 Diploma Inspection or Level 2 Maintenance & Repair.