BTECs are vocational qualifications where you'll get to apply what you learn in a work-related context.
Subjects covered on this course include:
- The Engineered World
- Investigating an Engineered Product
- Interpreting & Using Engineering Information
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Electrical & Mechanical Science for Engineering
- Electronic Circuit Design & Construction
- Health and Safety in Engineering
You'll be assessed via written essays and practical tests.
To study on this course you'll need either:
BTEC or Gateway Level 1 Certificate in Engineering AND Functional Skills Maths & English Level 1/2
GSCEs in Maths (grade 4/C or above), English and a Science subject (both grade 3/D or above)
Although there is no formal work experience requirement on this course, you'll have the opportunity to make employer visits to better understand your career options.
You'll also be supported in writing your CV, developing interview skills, and learning about job search techniques.
Complete this course and you'll have the choice of Level 3 engineering qualifications to move on to.
You could equally choose to enter the workplace, perhaps through an apprenticeship.