Train to become a teacher by applying for our teacher training qualification.
You will learn all about working in the education sector.
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers in the further education and skills sector, such as:
- the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- planning and delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- assessment of learners and constructive feedback
- facilitating learning and development for individuals
- facilitating learning and development in groups
- understanding principles and practices of assessment
It is an ideal introduction to a teaching career with adult learners or in the further education and skills sector.
There will be continuous assessment of written and practical assignments throughout the programme.
You will be required to plan, deliver and reflect on a 20-30 minute micro-teach on a subject of your choice to other members of your group. You will also write up your observation notes and feedback to other group members on their micro-teaches.
There are no specific qualifications required.
You could work as teacher, trainer or learning support assistant in a range of organisations in the lifelong learning sector, such as FE colleges, adult and community education and private sector training providers.
You could go on to do the level 5 Diploma in Education and Training. If you already have a degree, you could do the Level 6 PGCE. Achieving level 5 or 6 would enable you to apply for qualified teacher status (QTLS).