This course covers theory and practical units to understand the quality assurance of assessment processes and practice.
Subjects covered include:
- What is quality assurance (QA) and why do we do it?
- Roles of practitioners involved in the process
- QA regulations & codes of practice
- Planning QA
- Sampling strategies
- QA activities & record keeping
- Making QA judgments
- Disputes & appeals
- Legal issues
- Using new technologies
- Reflective practice & CPD
- Equality & diversity
For the theory unit, assessment is via written assignments or recorded discussion with your assessor.
For the practical element, you'll be observed twice in your workplace by your assessor.
It's useful to have the Level 3 Award & Certificate in Assessing Vocational Skills, but it isn't essential.
On successful completion of the course you can move onto Higher Education QA study.