Understand assessment and qualify as an assessor!
Learning assessment skills and best practice sets you up for a career assessing workplace competence and college/workshop-based learning, knowledge and skills.
Learn how to select the units and qualification types that meet the requirements of what you're assessing.
You'll learn about:
- Principles & functions of assessment
- Roles of the assessor
- Different assessment methods
- Planning assessment
- How to make fair assessment decisions
- Giving feedback to learners
- Quality assurance & standardisation
- Managing information
- Using technology to support assessment
- Reflective practice
- Rules, regulations, legislation, policies & codes of practice
- Equality & diversity
There are three awards available at Level 3:
- Understanding the Principles & Practices of Assessment (knowledge-only)
- Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
There is also a certificate available.
For the practical units, assessment management observations are graded and submitted work products assessed. For the theory/knowledge-based ones, written assignments are assessed.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Complete this course and move directly onto the Internal Quality Assurance Level 4 Award.