Ideal if you've already completed Level 2 Media Make-Up but you want to put your skills to work in TV and theatre!
On this course you'll:
- Learn make-up techniques for day, evening and special occasions
- Learn a range of make-up within the creative industries, including photo shoots and body art
- Create character make-up
- Enhance your face & body art skills
- Apply cosmetic camouflage make-up
- Enhance your overall design skills
- Study hair styling and beauty units
- Theatrical and special effects
- Create make-up for cuts, bruises and burns
- Create casting prosthetics and bald caps
You'll need to complete both written assignments and practical observations, as well as online exams.
Students will also build a portfolio of evidence throughout the course.
You'll need to have undertaken training in media make-up or a similar subject. You must have 4 GCSEs at grades 9-4 (A* - C). You'll also need a Level 2 in Media make-up.
The tutors on this course have outstanding knowledge and experience from working in the professional make-up industry, as well as valuable industry links to help you gain an insight into the industry.
There are many opportunities for you to work in realistic industry environments, thanks to our commercial salons.
You'll have many opportunities to showcase your work at college events, including our annual Inspiration Day and Festival of Success. There are also opportunities for overseas work experience, as part of our Erasmus+ partnership, for eligible learners.
You could consider moving on to an holistic beauty therapy course at the Rush Green campus or, become employed in the theatre, film or TV world, or become self-employed in this expanding industry.