This evening course gives those aged 19 or over the chance to complete the qualification around other work commitments.
You'll have access to the same state-of-the-art workshops and experienced tutors as those doing studying on the full-time day course.
The units you'll cover include:
- Health & safety in building services engineering
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Communication with others in building services engineering
There's an emphasis on Health & Safety and correct working methods across the course.
Assessment will be via a combination of:
- Written tests
- Online multiple-choice exams
- Practical tests relating to fault diagnosis
- Testing on simulated installations
The Health and Safety Unit will be self-taught away from college with materials provided by the college and exams arranged as when the student is ready.
Entry is by interview and establishing an acceptable level of English and Maths either by student evidence or undertaking a diagnostic test.
The course will be delivered by lecturing staff possessing a wide range of industry skills and expertise.
Following the successful completion of this course you could move on to the City & Guilds 2365 qualification at Level 3.