This is an advanced course and an ideal next step on from the City & Guilds Patisserie and Confectionery Level 2 programme.
You'll be making advanced chocolate display pieces and learning the art of tempering milk, dark and white chocolate.
You'll be creating:
- Handmade Easter eggs decorated with piped chocolate
- Chocolate flowers
- Handmade chocolate truffles
You'll also cover:
- Dough & batter products
- Biscuits, cakes and sponges
- Paste products, including puff pastry, brioche, strudel pastry, choux pastry (Paris-Brest Gateau) & sweet pastry
- Display pieces (see details of the chocolate work above)
- Complex desserts including soufflés, fruit fritters, raspberry mousse, praline cheesecake & burnt orange panna cotta
You'll be assessed on practical demonstrations and assignments.
There'll also be a practical exam.
You'll need to have successfully completed a relevant Level 2 qualification, ideally the City & Guilds Level 2 Professional Cookery (Patisserie) course.
After completing this course you'll be qualified to start your career!
Opportunities may include working as a patissière or a cake decorator.
Other employment opportunities will also be open to you. These include jobs within research & development and the hygiene industry, and working as a food representative.