This course prepares you for the Gas Safe qualification.
It's suited to experienced plumbers and those who have completed a plumbing qualification at Level 2.
- Health & safety in gas utilisation
- Scientific principles used in gas utilisation
- The combustion and properties of gas
- Gas in buildings, services and structures
- Gas safety in accordance with legislation and regulations
- Industry standards and working practices
There are paper-based theory tests throughout the course.
You'll also need to build a practical tasks portfolio.
You'll need to have successfully completed a Plumbing qualification at Level 2 - or have a minimum of 5 years trade-related experience.
On successful completion of this course you can apply to the ACS (Approved Certification Scheme) for assessment. Passing will give you a licence to operate as a Gas Services Engineer.
The ACS assessment is in Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety and relevant appliances.