Designed as a step towards the Level 1 Diploma for those not ready to complete the full course in one year.
Course modules include:
- Tools, equipment & materials for vehicle maintenance
- Engine liquid cooling & lubrication systems
- Braking systems - components & maintenance
- Routine maintenance processes & procedures
- Wheels & tyres - construction & maintenance
- Exhaust systems - components & maintenance
- Steering & suspension systems - components & maintenance
There will be both practical and theory/knowledge assessments throughout the course.
- Verbal questioning
- Observed tasks
- Written coursework
- Online tests
You'll need English & Maths GCSEs at grade 2 (D) or above, or the equivalent Functional Skills qualifications.
You can progress to a Level 1 Diploma after successfully completing this certificate.
If you already have a reasonable level of English and Maths, you can move straight on to Level 2 Diplomas, which are offered here at the college.