This fast-track course gives those aged 19 or over the chance to complete the qualification in only 10 weeks.
You'll have access to the same state-of-the-art workshops and experienced tutors as those doing the longer version of the course.
The units you'll cover include:
- Health & safety in building services engineering
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Communication with others in building services engineering
There's an emphasis on Health & Safety and correct working methods across the course.
Assessment will be via a combination of:
- Written tests
- Online multiple-choice exams
- Practical tests relating to fault diagnosis
- Testing on simulated installations
You'll be studying for 3 days per week, and moving through the units at a fast pace!
Entry is by interview and establishing an acceptable level of English and Maths either by student evidence or undertaking a diagnostic test.
We'll also need a satisfactory reference.
Enthusiasm and a keenness to learn are important - we'll be looking for these at your interview. (You may be asked to complete an initial assessment too.)
The course will be delivered by lecturing staff possessing a wide range of industry skills and expertise.
Following the successful completion of this course you could move on to the City & Guilds 2365 qualification at Level 3. We also offer as a 21-week option.