This course builds on from Level 1 Performing Engineering Operations and helps to develop skills, competencies, and knowledge required to become a competent Engineering Workshop Technician, specifically one that is able to draw components on CAD software packages to industry standard, and then fabricate these components proficiently using Lathe Turning machines and Milling machines
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing Mechanical Engineering Drawings Using a CAD System
- Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing and Using Milling Machines
You'll need GCSEs in English & Maths at grades 3 to study on this course."
Successful completion of EAL Level 1 NVQ Certificate in Performing Engineering Operations
Once you've finished this course you'll be able to choose between a range of Level 3 engineering qualifications.
You could instead choose to enter employment - perhaps through an apprenticeship.