This one-year, full-time course supports progression to an apprenticeship in engineering or to a further year of study at Level 3.
If taken as part of a programme of study that includes other BTEC Nationals or A Levels, it supports progression to higher education.
You will study units in:
- Engineering principles
- Delivery of engineering processes safely as a team
- Engineering product design and manufacture
- Applied commercial and quality principles in engineering plus
You will also study three other optional units
There are written essays and practical assessments.
You must have:
- BTEC level 2 Diploma in Engineering with Merit/Distinction in Unit3-Maths and unit 4-Applied Electrical and Mechanical Science for Engineering AND achieved (GCSE) in both English and MATHS, or...
- 5 GCSEs including Maths (A-C / 9-4) , 1 Science subject (A-C / 9-4), English (A-C) or 9-4 and 2 other (preferably science subjects)
You will have 30 hours of work experience during the course.
You will also have the opportunity to complete work experience in Europe as part of the Erasmus programme.
On successful completion of the course you can progress to the BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering, into employment or an apprenticeship.