Develop as a professional engineer and learn how to meet the demands of employers in the rapidly evolving engineering sector.
On this course you will study units in:
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Managing a professional project
- Production engineering for manufacture
- Quality and process improvement
You will also study two further optional units.
There are written essays, calculations and practical assessments.
You must have:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended or National in Engineering (120 credits) with Merit/Distinction in Unit 4-Maths and unit 5-Mechanical principles and/or unit 6-Electrical/electronic and a minimum MM on the National overall grade and MMM in the Extended, or
- 3 A levels grade A-C with Maths and 2 science or 1 science and the other one English, or
- an equivalent (International) Level 3 qualification
You will also need to have Level 2 in Maths and English with initial assessment
On completion of this course you can progress to a range of Level 5 engineering qualifications (HND, degree) and also into employment or an apprenticeship.