This course will help you gain the skills and techniques necessary to pursue a career in the Fashion industry.
- The Visual language in fashion, fashion illustration
- Textiles processes including dyeing, weaving and surface decoration
- Print, including mono printing, block printing, heat transfer and screen printing
- Researching themes and trends
- Materials, processes and technical skills for developing your design ideas
- Pattern cutting and garment construction
- Self-initiated Final Major Project
- Laser Fabric manipulation and printing.
- 3D printing Makerbot / Z18
- Fashion Photography, styling, branding and marketing
- Zine publishing and social media development
- Fashion business and personal profiling.
- Work experience with industry employers
- The chance to participate in the Erasmus European work placement scheme.
The Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels. You will develop a variety of fashion skills creating a portfolio of work in preparation for further study or employment within the industry.
You will also undertake a final end-of-year collection that will allow you to utilise the skills you have acquired. As a Creative Arts student you will be encouraged to collaborate across disciplines and specialisms.
Written, practical assessments and coursework.
4 GCSEs at 4+ (A-C) including English, OR Merit or above in an appropriate Level 2 qualification, with Level 2 Functional Skills Maths and English.
You will also need to provide a portfolio of work, as well as a reference.
You'll have opportunities to answer real 'live' project briefs within specialist areas of Fashion and Textiles as part of the course.
30 hours of work experience form part of the course, and work experience placements are arranged - some of them possibly in European cities!