This qualification is designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and competencies to work as self-employed counsellors in independent practice. It also equips learners to take on a senior counselling role in an organisational context where client assessment, referral and routine evaluation are part of the role.
Working as a Counsellor in a post-pandemic world. A combination of theory and work-based practice covering the following:
1. Work safely, legally and ethically as an independent counsellor
2. Work with complex aspects of the counselling relationship
3. Use theory and research to work with client diversity in independent practice
4. Use a coherent approach to respond to the needs of individual clients
5. Work with self-awareness as an independent practitioner
6. Use theory, research and skills within a coherent framework for independent counselling practice
7. Monitor and maintain professional effectiveness as a counsellor in independent practice
Case Review – externally assessed.
All other work internally assessed/externally verified
L4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Our Counselling team are current practitioners
Work placement/employment mandatory component
L6 Diploma/Higher Education