This qualification is designed for project managers, department heads, and other practising middle managers. Develop your skills and experience, improve your performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
Self reflective work in practice, utilising theoretical frameworks to underpin and develop your management and leadership skills , Each unit in this qualification focuses on a specific set of skills and knowledge, in six broad areas:
- Working with people – a range of units including how to deal effectively with stress and conflict, manage remote workers and build excellent customer relations
- Managing yourself and personal skills – including units that focus on assessing your own leadership performance, and developing critical thinking
- Providing direction – such as leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives, and making strong and informed management decisions.
- Facilitating innovation and change – for example, build a culture of continued improvement, and lead people through change
- Achieving results – such as managing for efficiency and effectiveness, and managing projects that get results
- Using resources – including managing facilities and managing information.
- Work with your employer or training provider to find the units that best fit your individual and organisational requirements.
Portfolio externally verified
Experience in supervisory/management role in Health, Social or Child care setting
Work placement/employment mandatory component
Level 6/Higher Education