This two year course is a two-year, full-time programme that is is designed to support learners who wish to progress onto higher education in business areas. It can also support learners who want to progress directly to employment in job roles in business or business management and Higher Apprenticeships.
To achieve this qualification, learners will need to complete 13 units in total. There are 7 mandatory units, 3 internally assessed and 4 external assessed over two years.
Mandatory: Units Assessed Externally (Exams)
- Unit 2: Developing a Marketing Campaign
- Unit 3: Personal and Business Finance
- Unit 6: Principles of Management
- Unit 7: Business Decision Making
Mandatory: Units Assessed Internally (Coursework)
- Unit 1: Exploring Business
- Unit 4: Managing an Event
- Unit 5: International Business
Optional: Units Assessed Internally (Coursework)
- Unit 8: Recruitment and Selection Process
- Unit 9: Team Building in Business
- Unit 15: Investigating Retail Business
- Unit 18: Creative Promotion
- Unit 19: Pitching for a New Business
- Unit 27: Work Experience in Business (Supported by Career Ready UK)
This course includes a range of assessment types and styles suited to vocational qualifications in the sector. The main two types of assessments are:
1. External Examination (Exams marked by Pearson)
2. Internal Assessment (Assignments marked by tutors)
5 GCSEs A-C or 4 and above including Maths & English
The BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Business will support learners to progress into university, employment or higher level apprenticeships.
Studying business is not just theory but also practical e.g. working in partnership with Career Ready UK and through a host of entrepreneurial initiatives, young people develop their employability skills enabling them to unlock their talent to develop their business ideas, enhance new-found confidence, and boost their academic attainment.