The Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading is a knowledge-based short course, which enables learners to develop their skills to successfully lead a team in a business environment. This qualification will build their knowledge of principles of team leading, whilst enhancing their understanding of business and developing effective communication skills with a range of stake holders at different levels.
The Certificate in Principles of Team Leading is achieved by completing 8 components focused on developing working relationships with colleagues in an inclusive and diverse environment, managing and resolving conflict in workplace and understanding personal development.
- 01: Principles of team leading
- 02: Understand business
- 03: Communicating work-related information & developing working relationship with colleagues
- 04: Managing performance and conflict in workplace
- 05: Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
- 06: Understanding health and safety procedures in the workplace
- 07: Understanding personal development
- 08: Introduction to coaching & mentoring
The Certificate will be awarded on completion of all 8 components and portfolio of evidence which will be internally assessed. There is no external exam.
This certificate is designed for 19+ or above learners who are working or looking to progress to work as a team leader in a business environment. Learners should have good level of English and Maths, and will be internally assessed pre-enrollment.
On successful completion, learners could progress to a Level 3 Diploma in Management or Level 3 Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge.