The Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service covers the skills and knowledge needed to be a customer service worker. It will build knowledge of the principles of customer service, whilst developing communication skills needed in resolving queries and meeting customers’ needs, applicable to a wide range of contexts.
The Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service is achieved by completing 7 components including communication, working with others and understanding the customer service environment.
- 01: Understand working in a customer service environment
- 02: Communication in customer service and process information about customers
- 03: Principles of personal performance and development
- 04: Principles of working in a business environment
- 05: Work with others in a business environment
- 06: Deal with customer queries, requests & problems and record details of customer service problems
- 07: Contribute to sales activities in a contact center and meeting customers’ after sales needs
To achieve Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service, learners must complete a competence-based portfolio of evidence from workplace or a realistic work environment, which is assessed internally. There is no external exam.
This course is designed for learners 19+ who are working in or are looking to work in a customer service role or similar. Learners would need a good level of English and Maths and will be assessed internally pre-enrollment.
On successful completion, learners could progress to a Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service or Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration.