Painters and Decorators operate in domestic and commercial properties and undertake the decoration and protection of buildings.
During the programme modules will include:
- Health and Safety
- Work Methods
- Identifying and responding to customer needs
- Construction industry and building methods
- Product and specification information
- Preparation, Application and Removal
- Effective communication in a team, with clients or with management
To achieve the apprenticeship standard all components must be completed, including Functional skills at the required level if the apprentice doesn’t have exemptions. All apprenticeship standards include an end point assessment which is required to complete the standard.
A-C or 4-9 GCSE
Working a minimum of 30 hours per week
Upon successful completion of the Painter and Decorator programme learners can choose to continue their development through a Level 3 Apprenticeship.