This course covers all elements of theatre production, from Music, Drama, Acting, Technology for stage and film.
Based in our working theatre, successful completion of this course will give you the knowledge and practical experience needed for a career in the performance production industry.
In this course you'll learn not only about the technologies required to produce successful productions, but have the opportunity to build your collaboration and creative skills.
The four main learning modules are:
- Production Arts Skills - developing your understanding of the creative, technical and teamwork skills and knowledge needed in a successful backstage team.
- Production Arts Industry - learning about the wider industry with the opportunity for you to carry out an individual research project.
- Personal Production Arts Profile - you'll develop an individual project, such as a portfolio, show, or event, related to your personal interests and self-promotion.
- Collaborative Production Arts Project - working collaboratively to explore roles that form part of the industry, and working together to produce a final product.
Your final project can be adapted to suit different specialisms, interests or community, and local needs, and will act as a final showcase.
Assessment for this course is mainly through the development of project work and plans.
For your final showcase piece you'll work with others to bring together your learning and experience.
You will have achieved 4 or more GCSE grades at 4 and above including either English or Maths or have successfully completed an appropriate Level 2 qualification.
You will also need to provide a portfolio of work, as well as a reference.
- Passion for Production Arts and experience in Music, Drama, Acting, Technology for stage and film is essential.
- You may be requested to attend an interview with the curriculum team as part of the application process.
This qualification carries UCAS points and meets the admission requirements for many relevant Higher Education courses in performing and production arts.