Receive all the support you need to become a Teaching Assistant. “Today is the beginning of the rest of your life”.
Are you a single parent in receipt of benefits?
Would you like to become a qualified Teaching Assistant?
If YES, we are currently offering a fantastic opportunity for you to train for FREE to gain the qualifications to become a teaching assistant, with wrap around support.
This programme is suitable for participants aged 19+, who are single parents and in receipt of benefits in the following boroughs:
- Barking & Dagenham
Participants must have a Level 1 English and Maths qualification, be capable of studying at Level 2, be seeking employment and have an interest in working in schools.
- Structured work placement within a school, suitably risk assessed- 12 hours a week
- L2 NCFE CACHE Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (including SEN unit and safeguarding)- 4 hours a week Classroom Based
- L1 or L2 English and Maths Qualification (dependant on current level)- 8 hours a week Online
- L2 NCFE Understanding children and young people’s mental health L2 NCFE Understanding children and young people’s mental health- Online
- NCFE accredited Employability skills, including unit on mind-set and GOALS motivational training- 3 days Online
- Paediatric First Aid Training- 3 days Classroom Based
- Digital Training Workshop- Days dependent on individual needs Classroom Based
- Introduction to British Sign Language
- Introduction to Makaton
- L2 NCFE Understanding behaviour that challenges
Prior to starting the programme learners will need to complete an initial assessment and individual learning plan.
Whilst on the programme learners will take a combination of assessments and exams.
Once the programme has been completed learners can go into employment in a Teaching Assistant role or progress onto other mainstream teaching courses.
To apply for this programme please email Cassie Spicer or call 07944511371