Your route to a higher
The flexibility you need
to study while you work
Don't let money stop you
from getting Further Education
Years providing further & higher education
T - S H A P E D
- Fresh start & unlimited opportunities with a variety of creative & work-ready courses.
Aged 16-18CoursesLearn More
- Join our 9000+ adult students in BTEC, Access & Diploma courses to re-train & upskill.
Adults 19+CoursesLearn More
- Diverse, flexible & advanced Level 4+ courses to enhance professional development.
Higher EducationCoursesLearn More
- Learn new skills & get paid in your chosen career with our practical route to success.
ApprenticeshipsFind Out MoreLearn More
Welcome to Barking & dagenham college
As a Gazelle College - one of only 24 in the UK, we pride ourselves on giving you enterprise and employability skills and experience that employers are looking for - as well as technical expertise in your chosen career path.
Cathy Walsh OBE
Principal & Chief Executive
Are you passionate about plumbing? Maybe you love crunching numbers? or you simply want to take your career further! We offer a wide range of Higher Apprenticeships.Find Out More
It’s easy to apply, there are no credit checks and your income is not a factor. You can progress onto a Higher Education course and write off the balance of your 24+ Loan.Find Out More
There’s so much more to College than just the courses – everything we do here is tailored towards our students to make your time with us a positive experience all round.
You can benefit from:
- A variety of places to eat & drink, to suit every taste and budget.
- A Learning Resources Centre.
- The PoD (which stands for Pitch on Demand).
- The Gazelle STEM Centre (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths).
- iCreate (Industry-standard digital training hub).
- The Green Technology Centre.
- Fitness Centre (Gym, Sports Centre & Dance Studio).
Food & Drink
We provide plenty of choice when it comes to eating and refreshments – from snacks and sandwiches to fine cuisine.
The Refectory - fork-friendly fare
The Refectory is a favourite with students and staff alike for its excellent range of dishes; the Refectory offers a choice of at least five nourishing hot dishes every lunch time, along with salads, sandwiches and other treats – even an all-day breakfast! It is also a great place to hang out with friends and refuel before your next class.
- The Coffee Shop
- The Chefs Hat - Restaurant (Located at our main campus & the TSA)
The Pod Entrepreneurial Zone
The Pod (which stands for Pitch On Demand) is a new FREE creative zone for student entrepreneurs and local small businesses to help get ideas off the ground.
- Hot-desking – no need for an office
- Get IT support – never offline
- Apple Macs – up to the minute design software
- Advice on funding – new opportunities
- Networking opportunities – build your business
- Attend business workshops – get new ideas
- Hire a meeting room – smart environment with plasma screen presentation facilities
LRC (Learning Resource Centre)
All our students automatically become LRC members. Your College ID card will give you access to over 20,000 printed reference items, as well as electronic information such as eBooks and databases.
Open to the public
Within the library there is PC access, a quiet study area as well as group study facilities, and careers and job search information.
The LRC also sells stationery and provides photocopy, printing and scanning services.
The Gazelle STEM Centre
The Gazelle STEM Centre at Barking & Dagenham College is a state-of-the-art, purpose-built creative space for all age groups. It has been designed to showcase the many skills and careers built on science, technology, engineering and maths.
The STEM Centre runs special activity days for College students and local schools showing how STEM skills can be applied in practical situations.
iCreate@BDC is a new, industry-standard 1,000 m sq training hub where students will develop the skills needed by the growing creative digital sector. Opened in October 2014 students will share the space with tech start-ups in an environment designed to encourage the cross-fertilisation of ideas, skills and services.
About the iCreate Zone:
- uCreate: 70+ PC and Mac stations for Students
- The Farm: Industry standard print and production zone
- Tech-Link Hub: Hot-desking business incubation zone
- #TheChannel: Live TV Studio
- Unwind: Where students can relax
- IdeaSpace: Informal break-out area
- Digital Learning: Training area to improve staff skills
The Fitness Centre
Our professional and fully-equipped gym is open to the whole community.
We offer great facilities at affordable prices, with a variety of different membership options and a relaxing environment, where everyone is welcome.
About the Fitness Centre:
- Fully-equipped Gym
- Sports Hall
- Fitness Suite
Our Student-run Businesses
We pride ourselves on developing young entrepreneurs and as part of our efforts we offer students the opportunity to run a business from the front of our rush green campus.