Academy 9 Nov.
4.30 - 7 pm
Expert Course & Career Advice
Tour Our Fantastic Facilities
Experience Life At Our Great College
Loans available for tuition fees
Ask about Higher & Degree Apprenticeships
Higher National Certificates
Higher National Diplomas
Foundation Degrees & BA (Hons)
Study for your MBA in the evening
career is within
There's still time to
enrol on a course
starting in 2016.
for a career as
Enrolling now on
City & Guilds Levels 1 to 3
Inspection & Testing
Higher & Degree
Better earning potential
No student debt
Higher Apprenticeships in
Business Innovation & Growth
you ready for the
New workshop dates
Did you know that
can earn around
£40,000 a year?
There's still time to
secure your September place
in our Plumbing Academy
studying City & Guilds Plumbing
at Levels 1, 2 & 3
- Fresh start & unlimited opportunities with a variety of creative & work-ready courses.
Aged 16-18CoursesLearn More
- Join our 9000+ adult students in BTEC, Access & Diploma courses to re-train & upskill.
Adults 19+CoursesLearn More
- Diverse, flexible & advanced Level 4+ courses to enhance professional development.
Higher EducationCoursesLearn More
- Learn new skills & get paid in your chosen career with our practical route to success.
ApprenticeshipsFind Out MoreLearn More
From September 2016 you can enjoy the ease and convenience of paying your fees online. Click the link to find out more about spreading the cost by instalment and online payments.
Find Out More
Meet Yvonne Kelly, Acting Principal & CEO, and follow this link to read why Barking & Dagenham College should be your first choice.
Find Out More
Just a click away, Career Coach gives you up-to-date local info on job vacancies, training options and salaries. Click on the image to get started.
Find Out More
There’s so much more to College than just the courses – everything we do here is tailored towards our students to make your time with us a positive experience all round.
You can benefit from:
- A variety of places to eat & drink, to suit every taste and budget.
- A Learning Resources Centre.
- The PoD (which stands for Pitch on Demand).
- The Gazelle STEM Centre (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths).
- iCreate (Industry-standard digital training hub).
- The Green Technology Centre.
- Fitness Centre (Gym, Sports Centre & Dance Studio).
Food & Drink
We provide plenty of choice when it comes to eating and refreshments – from snacks and sandwiches to fine cuisine.
The Refectory - fork-friendly fare
The Refectory is a favourite with students and staff alike for its excellent range of dishes; the Refectory offers a choice of at least five nourishing hot dishes every lunch time, along with salads, sandwiches and other treats – even an all-day breakfast! It is also a great place to hang out with friends and refuel before your next class.
- The Coffee Shop
- The Chef's Hat - Restaurant (Located at our main campus & the TSA)
The Pod Entrepreneurial Zone
The Pod (which stands for Pitch On Demand) is a new FREE creative zone for student entrepreneurs and local small businesses to help get ideas off the ground.
- Hot-desking – no need for an office
- Get IT support – never offline
- Apple Macs – up to the minute design software
- Advice on funding – new opportunities
- Networking opportunities – build your business
- Attend business workshops – get new ideas
- Hire a meeting room – smart environment with plasma screen presentation facilities
LRC (Learning Resource Centre)
All our students automatically become LRC members. Your College ID card will give you access to over 20,000 printed reference items, as well as electronic information such as eBooks and databases.
Open to the public
Within the library there is PC access, a quiet study area as well as group study facilities, and careers and job search information.
The LRC also sells stationery and provides photocopy, printing and scanning services.
The Gazelle STEM Centre
The Gazelle STEM Centre at Barking & Dagenham College is a state-of-the-art, purpose-built creative space for all age groups. It has been designed to showcase the many skills and careers built on science, technology, engineering and maths.
The STEM Centre runs special activity days for College students and local schools showing how STEM skills can be applied in practical situations.
iCreate@BDC is a new, industry-standard 1,000 m sq training hub where students will develop the skills needed by the growing creative digital sector. Opened in October 2014 students will share the space with tech start-ups in an environment designed to encourage the cross-fertilisation of ideas, skills and services.
About the iCreate Zone:
- uCreate: 70+ PC and Mac stations for Students
- The Farm: Industry standard print and production zone
- Tech-Link Hub: Hot-desking business incubation zone
- #TheChannel: Live TV Studio
- Unwind: Where students can relax
- IdeaSpace: Informal break-out area
- Digital Learning: Training area to improve staff skills
The Fitness Centre
Our professional and fully-equipped gym is open to the whole community.
We offer great facilities at affordable prices, with a variety of different membership options and a relaxing environment, where everyone is welcome.
About the Fitness Centre:
- Fully-equipped Gym
- Sports Hall
- Fitness Suite
Commercial businesses showcasing student talent
Where training meets commercial enterprise, our restaurants, hair salon and beauty salons are open to the public. From video production to painting and decorating, our talented students can also take client commissions. Students get real work experience, and you get a cost-effective solution to your business brief. To find out more please call Howard Jeffrey on 020 3667 0213.