Begin your journey towards a career as an electrician. This course provides a broad foundation for further study, and has been developed directly in response to industry requirements.
As well as learning theory, you'll develop practical skills in our state-of-the-art workshops.
Unit titles are:
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installations
- Electrical science and technology
There's an emphasis on Health & Safety and correct working methods across the course.
Assessments are split by subject 'unit' to test the competence of a candidate over a wide range of activities.
These will take the form of short practical electrical assemblies and written tests which are assessed by the tutor.
You'll also need to build a portfolio of your coursework for assessment.
You'll be spending time in our state-of-the-art workshops with theory work split between classroom and assignment activities.
2 GCSEs at Grade D/Grade 3 or higher are required, and one must be in Maths and English. We'll also need a satisfactory reference from your school.
You will have an interview to discuss whether the course is suited to you.
The course will be delivered by Industry qualified practical and lecturing staff who possess a wide range of both Commercial and Industrial skills.
Successful completion of this course with satisfactory reference from your tutors will lead to the Fulltime Level 2 program.