The CMI Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership can help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to manage people effectively.
It focuses on people and operational management principles and practices. And it promotes the development of a basic appreciation of resource control and use.
The course is particularly suitable for first-time managers, and welcomes learners with industry experience.
On this course the modules you'll cover include:
- Principles of Management & Leadership
- Managing a Team to Achieve Results
- Building Stakeholder Relationships Using Effective Communication
- Responding to Conflict in the Workplace
- Supporting Teams and Individuals Through Change
- Principles of Health & Safety in a Work Setting
- Monitoring Quality to Improve Outcomes
- Managing Your Own Personal and Professional Development
Assessment is via written assignments.
Most course units are assessed and verified internally and then sent to the Chartered Management Institute for moderation.
Student Membership at the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) will be included in the course and full membership may be offered to you on completion.
You'll need English GCSE at grade 4 (C) or above - or the equivalent qualifications - to study on this course. You may be asked to sit an initial assessment at interview to show proficiency.
This course is suitable for those who have experience at an appropriate managerial level
On successful completion of this course you may be able to progress onto the CMI's Diploma in Management & Leadership at Level 5 if you have sufficient management experience.
If you're already in management work, you'll find that completing this course will provide you with the management skills you need to further your career.