Earn a nationally recognised award in professional cooking techniques!
You'll learn to cook a range of foods using a variety of methods.
Course units are:
- Maintain a safe, hygenic & secure working environment
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing & cooking food
- Prepare & cook vegetables
- Prepare & cook fish
- Prepare & cook meat & poultry
- Prepare & cook pasta
- Prepare & cook rice
You'll be assessed on an ongoing basis and will update your work portfolio to show your skill development.
The final grade is simply a pass or a fail.
There are no specific entry requirements - you'll just need a love of good food and an ambition to build a career in the hospitality industry.
On successful completion of this course you can move up to the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery, choosing to specialise in Patisserie if you wish.