The course consists of assessment units which assess the competence of a candidate over a wide range of activities. There will be a high emphasis on Health and Safety and correct working methods.
- Introduction to the construction industry
- Electrical theory
- Assembling switched sockets wired in ring final circuit
- Constructing PVC wiring systems
- Cutting, bending, joining and threading conduit
- Installing one way lighting circuits
- Installing two way lighting circuits
You'll be assessed via a combination of written tests, practical assignments and online exams.
You must hold at least 2 GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade 2 or D.
The course will be delivered by Industry qualified academic and practical lecturing staff who possess a wide range of both Commercial and Industrial skills.
After successful completion of the course you can progress to Level 1 or 2 in Electrical Installations.