The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Chartered Membership Programme.
Offering a route for students with significant management experience to become members of the CIOB (MCIOB).
The programme aims to provide a route to Chartered Membership that covers both the academic and competence requirements for CIOB membership. This year-long programme includes four units:
- Construction technology
- Contracts and commercial practice
- Health, safety and the environment
There's an exam at the end of the course to determine your grade.
To join this programme you'll ideally need:
- CIOB Site Management Diploma
- HNC (or equivalent) in a construction-related discipline
- 5 years of management experience
There may be an opportunity to join the course for senior managers without these qualifications. This will be determined at your interview with a CIOB-accredited lecturer.
On completion of this course you could
- Secure Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (following successful completion of a professional review)
- Embark upon other higher education postgraduate qualifications or further study within the CIOB
- Enhance your employment in the construction industry